24. Wei Ianlan et al., "Preparation and evaluation of SEDDS and
SMEDDS containing Carvedilol," Drug Development and Industrial
Pharmacy 31, 785–794 (2005).
25. B.K. Kang et al., "Development of self-microemulsifying drug
delivery systems for oral bioavailability enhancement of simvastatin
in beagle dogs," International Journal of Pharmaceutics 274,
26. J.Y. Hong et al., "A new self-emulsifying formulation of itraconazole
with improved dissolution and oral absorption," Journal of
Controlled Release 110, 332–338 (2006).
27. G.S. Chaea et al., "Enhancement of the stability of BCNU using
self-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SEDDS) and in vitro antitumor
activity of self-emulsified BCNU-loaded PLGA wafer,"
International Journal of Pharmaceutics 301, 6–14 (2005).
28. T.R. Kommuru et al., "Self-emulsifying drug delivery systems
(SEDDS) of coenzyme Q10: formulation development and bioavailability
assessment," International Journal of Pharmaceutics
212, 233–246 (2001).
29. A.A. Attama et al., "The use of solid self-emulsifying systems in
the delivery of diclofenac," International Journal of Pharmaceutics
262, 23–28 (2003).
30. Mauro Serratoni et al., "Controlled drug release from pellets containing
water-insoluble drugs dissolved in a self-emulsifying system,"
European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics
65, 94–98 (2007).
31. Mette Grovea et al., "Bioavailability of seocalcitol II: Development
and characterisation of self-microemulsifying drug delivery systems
(SMEDDS) for oral administration containing medium and
long chain triglycerides," European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
28, 233–242 (2006).
32. Wei Wu, Yang Wang and Li Que, "Enhanced bioavailability of
silymarin by self-microemulsifying drug delivery system," European
Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 63, 288–294
33. A.A. Date and M.S. Nagarsenker, Design and evaluation of selfnanoemulsifying
drug delivery systems (SNEDDS) for cefpodoxime
proxetil," International Journal of Pharmaceutics 329,
34. E.I. Taha et al., "Preparation and in vitro characterization of selfnanoemulsified
drug delivery system (SNEDDS) of all-trans-retinol
acetate," International Journal of Pharmaceutics 285, 109–119
Ritesh B. Patel* is a lecturer and Rakesh P. Patel is an assistant professor, both in the Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, S. K. Patel College of
Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ganpat University, Gujarat, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
Madhabhai M. Patel is a professor in the Department of Pharmaceutics, Kalol Pharmacy College, Kalol, Gujarat, India.
*To whom all correspondence should be addressed.