INTERPHEX returns this month to Philadelphia, marking the first time back to the city since 2001. The move down the coast from New York presents a wide variety of new opportunities for 2008. Now entering its 29th year, INTERPHEX is once again prepared to act as a catalyst for change and innovation for the entire industry, offering attendees a show floor with more than 1000 suppliers, and an educational program in which thought leaders from across the industry will deliver real world solutions that can be applied as soon as conference participants return to their facilities.
For the second consecutive year, INTERPHEX 2008 will be co-located with Pharma MedDevice, our sister event focusing on the convergence and cross disciplines of the life sciences withpharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices. Other additions in 2008 include BIOTECHNICA America, which will showcase leading suppliers of tools and technologies used in process development, Phase I–III clinical trials, and clinical biological production. These areas of the show floor will be free to badge holders.
The theme for INTERPHEX 2008 focuses on the evolution of the life sciences market. It's clear that the industry is evolving and so too are life sciences manufacturing and production. With science- based manufacturing, fewer drug approvals, personalized medicine, new combination drug devices and delivery systems, INTERPHEX 2008 and its supporting events reflect the changes we are dealing with every day. At the same time, INTERPHEX is sticking to its roots: pharmaceutical manufacturing.
As always, we have worked to deliver a gathering that addresses the current and future needs of our marketplace, and have developed content, a show floor, and an educational forum shaped to offer a valuable industry resource. With PharmaMedDevice in the same location, thought-provoking keynotes, and a split level venue of wall-to-wall exhibits, INTERPHEX 2008 has created a nearly soldout venue and a can't miss industry gathering. Below are few highlights.
Interphex 2007 participants gather and stroll the exhibit hall.
- Opening Keynote (Mar. 26): Biotech visionary G. Steven Burill presents a "20/20 vision of 2020."
- Keynote (Mar. 27):From Innovation to Commercialization—this panel will feature senior executives from pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device companies will discuss innovations and collaborations across market segments and the future of the converging life sciences markets.
- General session (Mar 28): From Pandemics to Bioterrorism—The Global Role of BioManufacturing in Global Healthcare. Join us for a provocative discussion of this real threat of pandemics and bioterrorism. Speakers will discuss the role and challenges of biopharmaceutical manufacturing professionals in case of attack.
- Facility of the year: The show floor will feature category winners in facility integration, project execution, process innovation, and equipment innovation.
- Life sciences career fair:Sponsored by ISPE and AAPS, companies looking to fill positions in a face-to-face platform will have the opportunity to do so.
Overall, life science professionals seeking the latest our industry has to offer will find it all in one place, over the course of three days in Philadelphia, March 26–28. Visit INTERPHEX 2008 to learn, network, and see the largest display of life science technology in North America.
RJ Palermo is Industry Vice-President for INTERPHEX 2008, tel. 203.850.5924, [email protected]